Friday, September 30, 2016

Long day yesterday











Didn’t get back home until almost 7PM and didn’t have time to go to the Thai place for a good meal. Took a slight detour through Dublin on the way there, stopped at a very small taco place Tim likes, I wasn’t impressed, the meat was tough. Dublin’s claim to fame is having a Dr Pepper museum, it was the last place Dr Pepper was made using real sugar.

I’ve never seen a tree like that, may be some kind of a pine tree? The pods look somewhat like an undeveloped pine cone.

I’ve driven everything from race cars to eighteen wheelers, and some heavy equipment but I sure don’t like driving Tim’s pickup. It runs good but the seats are too low and everything else is too fucking high, including the outside mirrors that make blind spots in turns. And the thick window pillar is another blind spot. And the inside rear view mirror only shows about half of the back window. And the steering gear box is too fast, you have to pay attention every second or it is headed toward another lane, curb, ditch, any fucking where it isn’t supposed to be. Driving that peace of shit three hundred miles a day wears me out but he isn’t comfortable in my truck. Actually, he isn’t comfortable any fucking place, I hope he is better after his operation next month but I’m not making any bets on it.

4 comments:

  1. The watering hole is closed until further notice, I have no idea why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. when the watering hole gets smaller, the animals get meaner.

      Delete
  2. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blasphemy_Day

    ReplyDelete
  3. blind spots in turns? Nobody believes me when I say I could not see that car!

    ReplyDelete