Thursday, September 1, 2016

It floats good














Got some water into the dinghy when launching it but other than that I didn’t notice any leaks in it. Plenty stable enough but the one I’m making will be even more stable as it is somewhat wider. Didn’t take a fishing pole with me, just a paddle and a bottle of water, rowed upstream a ways to where a small stream feeds into the bayou. Spotted a bobber so retrieved it, with a hook and a swivel.

Rowing with just one paddle sucks on a dinghy that swings easy, yesterday I made a kayak type paddle/oar, may make a paddle wheel set up for it being as I like to make things. Then I can use my legs to drive it while using my hands for fishing.

A retired teacher that walks in the park a lot stopped and talked to me for a while, she talked to me in Walmart one day also, she is really friendly and nice, I invited her to go fishing with me, may or may not happen but a cute interesting fishing buddy would be nice.

Have a blessed fucking day.

10 comments:

  1. Jenny is always showing as online at facefuck, but not this morning, I hope she is well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When will we see the launching of your dinghy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After I finish it, been distracted by other things, like making the property more secure, and yesterday taking a time out to go to the bayou.

      Delete
  3. does the ship have a name?

    summer's over up here. had to wear a jacket on the scooter this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not naming a dingy, one day it might be Honey and the next day Cocksucker. Only running in the mid 90's here now.

      Delete
  4. Good to see that your little puddle jumper is seaworthy! Two oars work better, just saying. Must have been nice to just float along out on the water. A fishing friend would be nice - once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have an electric trolling motor but not sure I want to deal with the heavy battery anymore, may try it though.

      Delete
    2. It doesn't have oar locks for using two oars, but if another person was with me they could use one of the oars.

      Delete
  5. Alright Cap'n Billy, the fish can run but they can't hide now. The other side is always the best spot.

    ReplyDelete