Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Will make a good alarm









About twenty five years ago when I had my parts house I stocked an air horn kit, not cuz I thought anyone in that little burg would want one but cuz I wanted one. Kept it when I sold out but never did get around to installing it in anything, until now, now it is an alarm for my shed. A loud alarm.

I had never heard of or seen a Treysit small engine tachometer before, bout five months ago I bought a used tool chest with some tools in it, haven’t paid much attention to what was in it but yesterday I spotted the Treysit and wondered what it was so looked it up on the internut, it works by vibration. Pretty cool, I may give it to some small engine mechanic.

Have a blessed fucking day.

5 comments:

  1. Air horn alarm - good idea. It will get someone's attention even if you are out fishing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've also installed two security cameras, the alarm will get the neighbors calling the police.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea. How will you hook it up?

    ReplyDelete
  4. A 12 volt car battery will power it, I will install an off/on switch that is hidden, and make an adjustable contact switch that will set it to blowing if the door is opened.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hah! It should be quite effective if the idiots ever come back..... but here is hoping they never do!

    ReplyDelete