Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Your pictures







Posted here for those fussing they want to see pictures of the boat being built so I can row my redneck pirogue down the bayou. Like I said, nothing fancy and no great craftsmanship, building it as cheap as I can. Next I will buy and start putting the skin on it.

Building it inside the apartment but took the frame outside for the pictures.

Improvise…. Had a buttermilk biscuit mix I wasn’t getting around to turning into biscuits so I used it to make some hotcakes.

Keep on trucking, and flow over the bullshit.

10 comments:

  1. What type of wood are you using and what will be the 'skin'?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The frame is cheap 2X2's and the stern is cheap 3/4" plywood, the skin will just be cheap paneling, it doesn't have to last 20 years when I won't be around that much longer. Or healthy enough to use it.

      Delete
    2. We've been looking for a cheap dinghy but they are expensive. I showed this to Scott this morning and now i'll show him your reply when he gets home. Thanks Billy!

      Delete
  2. Think I'll just get the thin paneling rather than 1/4", to save weight, it isn't going to see any hard use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PORTABOAT.. They are actually pretty damn good boats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When do you sleep, man?

    I use those biscuit mixes for muffins and coffee cake too, they are so versatile. Pancakes - reminds me, I'm hungry!

    Good luck with your boat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sleep through the nights, but do often get up early, have always been an early riser.

      Delete
  5. beauty, do you put fiberglass over the wood?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Had a good breakfast at the Red Wagon and then took the new panels to Genes so we could cut them on his big table saw.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi Ol' bill its me from PV .... roantola nice to find you back .... when will you launch your boat? well ill read some of your writes soon .... great to hear from you o'l timer .... hear from me soon I gotta go

    ReplyDelete