Thursday, August 4, 2016

Won’t be doing that















I’m not going to put fiberglass on the boat (dingy), I’m likely only going to be using it for a few years. I ended up buying ¼ inch panels instead of thinner panels, won’t add that much extra weight.

I’m using DAP clear flexible sealant instead of some kind of glue, it holds things together just fine and adheres to wet surfaces. And galvanized roofing nails. The seams will be sealed from water entry the way they did them back in the old days, will show you when I get to that point. A dingy made with cheap materials will still last for years if stored upside down and painted when needed.

Lonnie is back in town so will return my mower and pick up his that I fixed for him.

Just one small crappie yesterday, not a keeper.

Keep on trucking, and flow over the bullshit.

5 comments:

  1. I haven't lost any hooks recently, fishing with a bobber to keep the bait off the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you making or buying oars? How long do you think it will be before you are ready for your first fishing expedition?

    ReplyDelete
  3. the boat looks good so far, Billy! i would love to have your talent for building and fixing things!

    ReplyDelete