Thursday, September 8, 2016

And a wall was built













The young couple on one side of me decided to put up a fence, more like a wall, they did not ask me what kind of a fence I would be okay with, I guess neighbors don’t do things like that anymore. I’m not opposed to fences, they make for good neighbors but my preference is a chain link fence, I like to be able to see what is going on around me. True that others can’t see through a wall but you can’t either and if some racket is going on out there I want to be able to spot it fast in case I need to react for some reason.

But they seem to love privacy, their whole yard is now bordered by a solid six full tall fence. Fine in some ways but sucks in others, I’m not interested in snooping on them when they are outside but I do like to chat with them a bit if they happen to be in the yard, now I won’t be able to so I may never speak to them again.

I made it clear that I would like to see a gate in it, not so I could have access to their yard but so they could have easy access to my place, like if they wanted to borrow a piece of equipment or use the riding mower, things like that. Also, it would give them a way to escape their place if for some reason it would be prudent to go that direction. Oh well, it is done now so that is the way of it.

Now if they hear noise at my place I suppose they will just ignore it, no way of telling if it is me or a fucking thief without stepping on something to look over a six foot fence. I guess the people on the other side of me were rude to her, made some comments about her and her kids and she doesn’t want them to even be able to see her and the kids. I would tell them to just mind their own fucking business, they aren’t out in the backyard a lot anyway that I know of.

Well, those kids will be good neighbors all right, I may never see them again, too bad, I like them. But according to all the memes on the internut it isn’t any of my fucking business.  Mutter, mutter. It’s a done deal now, I got a PM from the lady explaining why no gate but it would have been pretty easy to solve things if they had just discussed things with me first. Well, it’s water over the damn now, but I sure miss not having neighbors that discuss things with each other first, changing world.
I have no more to say about it.

Tim and I had the lunch buffet at the East Palace yesterday, I thunk it was pretty damn good and stuffed myself.

Have a blessed fucking day.

8 comments:

  1. That wall must have cost them a pretty penny. Well, if there is a huge explosion there, it should help protect you. I wonder a whole lot about people who do that - looks like they may have something to hide rather than wanting to sunbathe in the nude or whatever. We talked about walling up the patio area for privacy with the hot tub - not a cheap proposition.

    People don't talk much anymore, not to their neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what it cost them but he is a contractor so gets materials cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. They have two dogs but keep them in another fenced section. There are chickens and rabbits where they put the new fence section. I'm wondering what they did with the chain link fencing they took down, I could use it.

      Delete
  4. Hah! Maybe they plan on growing marijuana and hence no gate or visual sight of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. When we lived in Tucson, that's what all the newer neighborhoods were like -- everyone had siz foot high privacy fences around their yards. That was over 30 years ago and it baffled me. I can understand fences but not ones that totally block any interaction with or access to the neighbors? Always makes me wonder just what it is that people are trying to hide.

    ReplyDelete