Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Brain











Boy, the memories we have at times, hey? Shelly popped into my mind. Years ago after taking a car to my Grandmother in Ogden, Utah, on my way back home in Washington I stopped in Bliss, Idaho for lunch. The waitress was cute and very friendly and I asked her for her address and we started exchanging letters. A few months later I went to Bliss for three days to meet her folks and have thanksgiving dinner at their home, Shelly still lived with them.

She loved to dance so we went dancing the three nights I was there, don’t recall if she drank but we went to night spots to dance. She danced sort of jerky, like she had a bad joint but she loved to dance close so I adjusted to it. We continued to write too each other for a few months and then she became unhappy for some reason and moved, to Boise as I recall. Wasn’t happy there so next I heard from her in Salt Lake City and she didn’t seem to be happy there either.

After that I never heard from her again, anyway, I hope that she found what she was seeking has been enjoying life and things has gone well for her, she was a good kid.

5 comments:

  1. I went though Bliss a couple of years ago returning on my trip to Texas, the place has pretty much died off, the two cafes and motel appears to have closed years ago. Only appeared to be about two businesses operating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you should plug her name into FaceBook? You said before that you had an account. Maybe you can find her again and rekindle a friendship?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't recall her last name and that event was way back in the 70's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. how much alcohol have you drank since the 70's?

      Delete
    2. How in the hell would I know, I'm not a bookkeeper. Not enough to kill me though, and less than what some people my age has and still drink.

      Delete