Monday, November 2, 2020

Progress

I guess slow progress is better than no progress, yes? Saturday I moved the Black Bitch to where I’ll be working on it.
The next challenge was to remove the four “locking lug nuts” from the wheels being as I don’t have the so called key to remove them with. There are a lot of ways to do that depending on the tools you have but the first thing I always try is to use a five pound hammer to drive a 12 point socket on them and use an impact gun to rattle them off, if that doesn’t work there are other ways that involves more work. The socket may want to spin but let it spin until some heat builds up and it grabs the nut better, in this case all four nuts came off so that was good.
Then I got her up on blocks and next I’ll see how easy it is to remove the oil pan so I can check the rod bearings, pretty sure at least one of them is worn out.
Anyway, have a fucking blessed day.



2 comments:

  1. Those “locking” lug nuts are a pain in the posterior. Manufacturers should be required to have them linked somehow with the Jack of the vehicle.... but I guess that still wouldn’t have made the previous owner put then back when done.

    Hope the new car project goes smoothly!

    PipeTobacco

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many cuss words.
    Stay Safe and Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete