Saturday, November 14, 2020

Know when to fold them...

 Sometimes fixing a well used car on the cheap to get some more life out of it is just an exercise in futility. After putting a new rod bearing on #3 there was clearly to much clearance, even I get skunked once in a while. I’ll shim it some but you can only do so much with shims on an egg shaped crank throw. So now it is just something to fart around with for the heck of it. It may last for 20 thousand miles or only 20 miles, who knows. But I’m not going to the expense of rebuilding the engine properly, it’s fucking expensive to rebuild these modern engines.

Anyway, have a fucking blessed day.


3 comments:

  1. I would of gave a long time ago.
    Stay Safe and Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've wondered if J-B Weld would work in that situation. I cures harder than a honeymoon dick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tried that once on a wheel bearing race, it didn't hold up.

      Delete