Saturday, November 7, 2020

Hum.....

Well shit, got the oil pan off the Black Bitch yesterday and discovered that the H.O. turbo engine also has a heavy duty dual counter balance shaft assembly installed under the crankshaft, and the son of a bitch has a mounting bolt that was installed over specs. I broke a standard six point socket trying to loosen it so I went to an impact socket and a long breaker bar and it just rounded off the head of the bolt. It is in a tight spot and no special remover will work so I suppose I’ll have to drill or grind the head of the bolt off.

And from the looks of the shit in the pan when I got it off I’m guessing that isn’t from a rod bearing but the crankshaft main thrust bearing. Maybe I’ll find out today, if I can get that fucking bolt out.

Anyway, have a fucking blessed day.




No comments:

Post a Comment