Tuesday, March 5, 2019

My first pie crust











The only pies I have ever made was pudding pies using store bought grahamcracker crusts and instant pudding. 

For some time I’ve wanted a rhubarb pie but Texas doesn’t know what in the hell it is and you can’t buy it here. The best I came up with was a can of strawberry/rhubarb pie filling so I made a pie with it.

I made my first pie crust from scratch and of course screwed it up. Sticks in my mind that there are things you can make with the left over dough, tarts and such. No jelly on hand but I did make a peanut butter roll doo dad, it sucked.

America has the best government in the world……. Hahahahahaha….
Have a blessed fucking day.
Carry on, godfuckingdamnit.

1 comment:

  1. I do the same thing with leftover crust that my mom always did: roll it out, sprinkle it with sugar and cinnamon, and then cut it into cookie size pieces.

    It's hard to find rhubarb down South because it's a cold weather plant. Soon as temperatures go much above 60 it'll bolt to seed and then go so dormant and dead looking it's not even usable for landscaping.

    ReplyDelete