Saturday, August 11, 2018

More bread















So I got new bread flour and bottled water yesterday and made another loaf of bread. This time I premixed the dry ingredients and heated the water to activate the yeast, like the old fashioned way.

Ever seen 1 3/8 on a measuring cup? I haven’t so I upped the water to 1 ¾ cups, it was a bit too much but better and I added a bit more flour. I’ll get it fine tuned soon. Actually, I think I prefer making bread the old fashioned way so I may just give the machine away.

I don’t eat much bread anymore but it might be cool to make good hamburger buns for some of the BBQ’s in the area. Today I will make some banana bread or muffins, a neighbor gave me some bananas.

Maybe I’ll buy an Ice Cream machine next, I do eat a lot of ice cream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment