Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Yard swing...

 A few years ago someone gave the sweetie an old yard swing and she drove some big nails into one of the joints in hopes of repairing it, they didn’t help cuz the wood was so rotten there. Didn’t take pictures during the repair but I removed the seat from the A frame and removed the nails and used a load strap to suck the pieces together and tipped it over and drilled a three quarter inch hole through the two pieces and applied plenty of glue and drove a three quarter inch dowel into them.

She wanted a cover over it and I was thinking over how I might make that happen when she showed up with a yard umbrella and asked if I could somehow mount it. Hum, so I removed the pole at the pivot joint and made a sturdy mount, it worked out pretty well. It is in a protected area so it may hold up for a few years.

Anyway, have a fucking blessed day.




1 comment:

  1. Very nice!

    My in-laws had one just like it....well actually my mother-in-law still has it in her yard.... but with the wetness in our region it is now covered head to toe in lichens and the wood is “softening”.

    I’m glad you now have a partner! She seems nice and I am happy for you!!! You deserve the happiness of the companionship!

    And hopefully “benefits” too if she is willing. :)

    Now, I have an idea as to why you haven’t posted as regularly. :)

    PipeTobacco

    ReplyDelete