Thursday, June 24, 2021

Better than nothing....

 This is just a product report and may be of no use to you. Not long after moving to Texas some SOB swiped my box of electrical stuff out of the back of my pickup, there was a number of old school test gauges in it and they are hard to find in good working order these days.

 

One of them was an amp meter that I had used for years to test the amperage draw on circuits, that’s handy information at times. One day I was in Harbor Freight and spotted an amp gauge (for testing) in the automotive section, hell something is better than nothing so I bought one.

 

As is it is of limited use cuz it is made to plug into an ATO fuse panel, an old one. The ATO fuses replaced the old glass fuse panels back in the 80’s as I recall, but modern cars use what is called a mini fuse so as is this tester is limited to just using on some cars and trucks made in the 80’s & 90’s. But being an old school sumbitch I’ll make up some leads that makes it more useful so I can use it on any car or truck no matter how old or new and I won’t be limited to just plugging it into a fuse panel but can check a system at any point I feel the need to.

Anyway, have a fucking blessed day.


No comments:

Post a Comment