Monday, October 28, 2019

Assholes & Nuts
















A couple years ago I bought an ugly electric impact gun at a yard sale for five bucks. Cuz it was only five bucks I guess cuz I wasn’t impressed with the few I had tried in the past. A couple days ago I removed the rear tires from the Silver Slut and wasn’t able to get three of the nuts loose with my big four way lug wrench and just happened to think of the rattle gun so tried it, it removed two of the nuts, impressive.

It took two long pieces of pipe on the big lug wrench and a helper to get the last nut loose, fucking monkeys that over tighten lug nuts can all go to hell. Next I will check the rear brakes and repack the wheel bearings. I’m also going to replace the fuel pump without removing the fuel tank. And I’ve polished the headlights.

Have a fucking blessed day.

1 comment:

  1. BBC:

    I have to firmly state that even though I *know* you were a mechanic by trade.... I am still awfully damn impressed at your careful, meticulous revitalization of that vehicle. I suspect you will have it nearly better than when it rode off the dealer's lot when it was new however many dozen years ago.

    Impressive, and I wish I had similar skills, but I am more of the "clumsy, ineffective oaf" type. :)

    PipeTobacco

    ReplyDelete