Monday, January 27, 2020

Damn
















Ray and Nancy got back on their trip yesterday morning, they travel in an old motorhome on a Ford Econoline chassis with a big 460 engine in it and it is a pain in the ass to check fuel pressure or spark if the engine starts acting up. Ya gotta remove the big air cleaner housing assembly and maybe even the engine cover cuz nothing has easy access. The 460 is a rock solid engine so should hold up for years yet but getting to the injection system and other things that may go wrong is a lot of work. 

If I owned a rig like that I would have a fuel pressure gauge on the dash, and maybe an ignition spark indicator. Anyway, they made it about 35 miles west yesterday and it died again but they managed to limp back to Brownwood where they have a good place to park and work on it, hell, maybe we’ll just adopt them for a while.

I’m having my eye operated on today so I won’t be much use to him, other than to boss him around but we’ll get it running good sooner or later.

Nancy did a good job of describing me in one word….. Memorable.
Have a fucking blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment