Monday, August 23, 2021

New....

 All of the units here are what I call fourplexes and even though some tenants think they are crap and not taken good care of I disagree with them, I think they get pretty damn good care. Hell, they were built in the forty’s and are still in good over all shape, I like my unit and over all this is a good neighborhood. The heating units could be updated (a few have been) but at least we still stay warm in the winter.

Anyway, some of them are getting new roofs, the old roofs didn’t look that bad to me but what the hell do I know. I’ve never done much three tab roofing, don’t think much of it but a good three or four man crew can rip one off and install a new one in pretty short order, I’m pretty damn impressed and I’m not easy to impress. I noticed that the crew on the roof is younger men, the older men are just driving trucks around to deliver tools and equipment and bundles of roofing but I suppose they paid their dues when younger. Boy, ya gotta be tough to work on a roof all day in Texas in August.  Anyway, have a fucking blessed day.


2 comments:

  1. BBC:

    I hope you are doing ok! I have been away myself a lot too, but am trying to get back.

    PipeTobacco

    ReplyDelete
  2. Billy:

    I hope you are doing ok. It has been quite a long time since you posted here.

    PipeTobacco

    ReplyDelete