Friday, September 20, 2019

Yuck

Replacing the timing belt on a PT Cruiser like the Silver Slut is no mechanics favorite job, many mechanics won’t even do them. It is a bit of a tough job but I made it look easy enough getting it out (I have witnesses), only to discover that the belt in it still had a lot of miles in it.

I couldn’t get the new one installed last evening, like it is a tad short, will try again this morning and if I can’t get it on I’ll go get a different brand. I just work on it a bit in the morning and evening to avoid the heat here. The video is how most backyard mechanics will see the job if they tackle doing one.

Challenge of the timing belt on a PT Cruiser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8l9pKOiqlU

Have a blessed fucking day.
Carry on, godfuckingdamnit.

2 comments: