Sunday, September 22, 2019

Improvise














When I was a young mechanic I made my own special tools at times to make my work easier, a few of them even ended up on the special tool boards in parts houses. If I was going to be doing more dual camshaft timing belts I would make a tool to lock the crankshaft in place to keep it on its timing mark while I work on getting the cams timed right. And I’d make a tool to lock the cams in place.

But for now I’ve just mickey moused a way to lock the crank in place, that shit works for me also. But I still haven’t got the three timing marks right, it will look perfect but when I turn the crank two turns to make sure they all line up again one of the fuckers is off a notch. I’ll have to have someone help me so I have extra hands and eyes.

Have a blessed fucking day.
Carry on, godfuckingdamnit.

1 comment: