Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Spent the day out of town











San Angelo is a tick over 100 miles from Brownwood but I took back country roads to check out little dusty Texas settlements so logged over two hundred miles getting there on xmas day. Gene had told me there was nothing special about San Angelo but that the people were great, they seem to be but it is my first time since moving to Texas that I have seen homeless people living under an overpass.

Spent the night in a value inn, comfy bed, good pillow, no bugs, quite. Denny’s was open but jam packed full so xmas dinner was a tuna sammich from Stripes, fine with me. Figured I deserved some xmas poontang so I screwed my hand, a spirit does what a spirit must do.

Didn’t take any pictures there, you can learn all you may want to know about it on the internut. But on the way home I did take a picture of the fine grocery store in Paint Rock. Just out of town was a sign about Indian Petroglyphs so turned down a dirt road for a ways but never saw any. I did see a plaque and two fucking lazy buffalo.

Anyway, a nice lazy adventure over the holiday.

7 comments:

  1. 26 percent of us don't bother with a fucking xmas tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. xmas is done like dinner. now it's time to start thinking about spring. we got more fucking snow today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got out and had some fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy new year king!

    we have a goddamned blizzard at the moment. the snow is way deeper than my duck shoes are high. woe is me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When they took all the perfectly good pagan festivals and turned them into a merchandising fest for god junior I got a bit turned off to them myself. But fuck'em the turning of seasons can be celebrated without the BS and no particular need to run naked around a bonfire in the snow either.

    ReplyDelete