Thursday, April 15, 2021

Fucking modern cars

 Modern cars can be a pain in the ass to diagnose even though we have some pretty good scan tools these days. They may tell you what system isn’t working but often don’t point to the actual problem, misfires are often hard to pinpoint. The Silver Slut has had a bit of a transmission issue since I got her, thanks to the fucking geeks getting control of them after making engines as complex as possible. Recently she started to shudder some on acceleration and it seemed to me that the tranny was acting up some, like slipping in and out of gear, not on easy acceleration but if stepping on the gas more for faster acceleration.


So I replaced the transmission control solenoid assembly, took me two damn days, I now admit most days that I’m fucking getting old, and I got sore ass hell, it’s only about a two hour job for a younger person. I’m sure that improved the tranny but I still had the shudder then the engine check light finely came on so I hooked up my pretty good scan tool and it came up with engine misfires. Damn, that can be a number of things, plugs, coil, coil wires, bad oxygen sensor, worn or dirty fuel injectors, low fuel pump pressure vacuum leak. The plugs coil and coil wires and pump are all pretty new so now it is just a guessing game. Yesterday I put in a good load of injector cleaner cuz she is mostly just driven at slow speeds around town, I then drove 60 miles at 75 MPH and it seemed to help some, lets hope that works as the injectors clean up a bit more.

Anyway, have a fucking blessed day.




1 comment:

  1. The home floor plan is both funny.... but cool too! I wouldn’t mind a garage like that when my wife is suggesting I should sleep in the doghouse. :)

    PipeTobacco

    ReplyDelete