Saturday, September 19, 2020

Fixed

I was a kid in the fifties, back then when folks had kids they just had little fucking slaves and lots of folks back then built their own homes so I’ve been slinging a hammer for a long time and helped build a lot of homes over the years. Back then most homes in that little dipshit mining town in Northern Idaho was build by folks that built their own homes mostly working evenings and week-ends and us kids helped. I helped build the home we lived in, and a neighbors home, and an uncles home, and other homes and when I got out of the Navy I became a carpenter for a while so I’ve worked on a lot of homes since I was about 13.

Anyway, I recently went to see about fixing a hole in a floor for a lady, looked like someone had dropped a heavy furniture leg on it, it is an old oak floor, the home was built in the 20’s and for the first time in my life I was looking at a floor that didn’t have a fucking sub floor, yup, just one layer of wood, only in the south do you find shit like that I guess. That old flooring is hard to find these days but I managed to find some oak to fix the hole, the best I could anyway, I think I did a decent job.

Anyway, have a fucking blessed day.




2 comments: