Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Tire jig...











You can buy a mini tire changing rig from Harbor Freight for 43 bucks, not a bad deal if you are in the business of fixing a lot of them.

But I don’t plan on messing with that many of them so I made my own jig from scraps of wood and two pieces of redi-rod and a few nuts and washers. The pictures should explain themselves. I used a bit of parchment paper under the wood foot for the tire to slide over a bit.

Plenty of ways to change them on Utube, this was my cheap aid to help work on them being as I’m not young and tuff anymore and it makes my job much easier.

In a lot of westerns they shoot things up in bars and hotels, I don’t believe that shit actually happened all that much, no owner wants a lot of fucking holes in the roof and walls.

Have a blessed fucking day.
Carry on, godfuckingdamnit.

1 comment:

  1. Woah!

    I am VERY impressed that you were able to craft a functional tire jig from just a few parts yourself!

    I also agree that shootouts were probably a helluva lot less frequent than suggested. But.... watching shows of cowboys just sitting around... (probably most of life then like now) would not make for particularly entertaining television or movies I guess. :)

    PipeTobacco

    ReplyDelete