Thursday, January 10, 2019

It was a good car







I worked in a Chrysler dealership in about 1968 and they gave me a great deal on a 1965 Rambler American station wagon trade in, I only paid 300 bucks for it and it was a great car that we used for three moves to the other side of the state and we put a lot of miles on it in the next few years.

The 1965 models were the last year for the venerable flathead six. It was the last flathead engine to be used in a domestic U.S. car but mine had the new 232 cu in OHV engine in it and it was as reliable of an engine as the old flatheads were.

Anyway, it popped into a dream so I’ll fucking post about it. One day a man came into the Ford dealership I was working at in Eastern Washington looking for a Rambler and talked me into selling it to him for a few hundred more than I had paid for it. The Ford dealer of course gave me a great deal on a used Mercury Comet station wagon, we was big on station wagons back then.

Have a blessed fucking day.
Carry on, godfuckingdamnit.

No comments:

Post a Comment