Tuesday, April 24, 2018

More work area











Our kitchens have damn little counter space, about 18 inches on each side of the sink. I don’t do a lot of cooking but damn sure wanted more space than that so told Bobbie I was going to put a six foot unit against the other wall and was looking for something used as new units are pretty damn expensive.

She wondered where I would get something like that, oh hell, don’t be in any hurry and just start looking around and talking to folks. Old stuff is always being taken out of old homes that are being remodeled. We got a new bartender at Waylon’s and she mentioned to a man next to me that she and the hubby also do paint jobs and he does some remodel work at times.

“Hey, got any used cabinets?” She thought they might so I went to their place and got three units and an extra front for thirty bucks. Two of the units will be just right, need some work on them but it is a good start for the money.

Still have to come up with a countertop but something will show up or I’ll just make one.

Have a blessed fucking day.
Carry on, godfuckingdamnit.

2 comments:

  1. They total five feet but I can make the top six feet or so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once you set your mind to something you sure don't fart around.

    ReplyDelete